Sunday 30 September 2007

Onto film




Some weeks after the last August visit (and a couple of weeks ago now) we are back there again.

I liked the photo of Cal in the grasses, but wished I had it also on film to print myself in black and white.

I have only the RZ with me this time, and plenty of film.

I ask him if we can have another go, with him in the grasses....he gives me precisely two seconds.

Funnily enough, I think it comes out with a more natural feel than the first, even though in a sense it was more 'set up' (or re-created). This time the red hot pokers are over, and the white flowers are out, (dahlias? or maybe they are really yellow - I forget!) more suitable to black-and-white, which is pure fortune. I think I prefer it. Perhaps it was saved from seeming stilted because the whole thing was over in a blink of an eye, and I had to work very fast...



Boy in the Grasses ⓒ Cate McRae 2007; All Rights Reserved

Dog-days of summer: Cal in the grasses






Another from the same afternoon. Neither 'set up' or re-created this time!



Dog-days of Summer Copyrightⓒ Cate McRae 2007; All Rights Reserved

Dog-days of summer: Cal with horse chestnut





All Images ⓒ All Rights Reserved