Thursday 6 September 2007

Sketch book : postscript.




It has been positive sorting these digital pictures, there is an immediacy I cannot deny – taking the photographs, beginning to sort and edit some yesterday of the house and garden on the screen has set my mind spinning with ideas, reminded me how important the place is to me still, how much more there is to do.

I have many sleeves of negatives to look through, much to sort from the past, and many thoughts for the future.

Best of all, I still have several rolls of film to process from the last trip. As always when several weeks (or even, occasionally, months) have gone by & I’ve left the rolls waiting, and have half-forgotten what I’ve taken, I’m looking forward with eager anticipation to see what will be there…

The holidays are over, and my mind is spinning with projects – the strands that weave a continuing pattern of this place is only one of those projects – but I know it is one I will return to again and again.